Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Art in Life Post 1

     Hello everyone! I am Emma Gates and I am from Augusta. I go to GCSU and I am going to start nursing school in the fall. In the future I hope to become an Emergency Room nurse so I can be right in the action and fight illness like a kind of practical super hero. I went to a fine arts high school so I have grown to love art and I am excited to learn more this summer. My favorite thing to do is eat/cook but I rectify that by running, which is my second favorite thing to do. In my free time I enjoy reading, watching movies, painting, Netflix, and exploring the great outdoors. I have played the cello for nine years but now I mostly just play at churches and at weddings or funerals. I am looking forward to exploring Ireland and all it has to offer.
     I got involved with this study abroad program through my roommate Niki Martin. She went to the study abroad office and found about it and the classes that were being offered were the classes I needed so it just kind of fell into place. When a trip to Ireland perfectly presents itself to you, you don't question it. So I didn't. I have been to Italy, Germany, and the Czech Republic so I have been around Europe a little bit but I still have a lot of it to see. I love to travel so I am excited about our little side trips across Ireland. One thing I am nervous about is the plane ride. I have been on long flights before, but one flight I took a few years ago really shook me up. It as on the way back from Miami and I was surrounded by some very nice Hispanic women headed to Atlanta for a reunion. We hit some really bad turbulence and the plane dropped pretty significantly which caused all of the women to fervently pray aloud  and scream "Padre!" simultaneously. I am a Christian too so I was praying pretty hard too but the whole experience was very unnerving for me. Anyways, I am sure this flight will be much better! I am alo nervous about being to shy and not meeting anyone new and not benig able to communicate effectively with the locals.  I am most excited to get to see Irish culture in action. I am also excited about seeing live music, seeing the night life, and seeing the beautiful sights. I have no idea whatsoever what to expect which is very exhilarating. I guess I will find out when I get there!


No comments:

Post a Comment